Knowing the Different Factors That Influence Page Speed Affects SEO and How to Rectify the Errors
Page speed is regarded as the time taken for a webpage to load. In 2010, Google announced how page speed affects SEO. This announcement made the page speed as a positioning element for the website owners. The ideal page time to load is around 3 seconds while e-commerce website takes about 7 seconds to get loaded. This has a huge impact on the audience as page speed affects SEO. Hence, a slow page load time can make an awful user experience, bringing about lower quantities of guests.
A poor UX can make you lose revenue as your audience wouldn’t wait too long for the page to load. They will just close your website, and you may be penalized by the search engine for low page speed also. Additionally, Google also compares your page speed with your competitors, and if your page loads fastest, then you have a brownie point! For the same purpose, Google takes into accountabilities such as:
What Can Bring Down Your Page Speed?
Here we talk about the site speed and how does it affect your aspect that Google considers while ranking a site. There are also some tools which help to optimize the site’s speed. Here is a list of factors that can bring down the page speed:
- Your host: You get what you paid. Over the long haul, a modest offer can harm your page speed. Pick the correct host that fits your business size.
- Large-sized pictures: Pictures that are too substantial to load can truly bring down your page speed. It is frequently because of additional data that is required for the image upload. When you are adding some pictures on your site, try to apply PNG for pictures that do not require high subtleties such as logos as well as JPEG for photographs.
- External inserted media: Outer media like recordings are exceptionally important yet can impact the page speed to a great extent and lower the load time. To increase some heap time, try to have the recordings on your server.
- Numerous promotions: Something other than the above problems that become irritating to your guests is the presence of loads of advertisements. Too many promotions can have the downside to hinder your page speed.
- Unoptimized plugins: Your browser and apps, when not optimized, can affect the page speed. Always test your websites on different browsers.
What Tools Can I Use to Enhance Load Time?
There are a few tools that you can practice to develop your page speed or solely to notice how your website is operating.
- Page speed Insight: This page speed Insight tends to show a page activity score anything between a zero and a hundred. In fact, it supplies you with all the solutions plus advice to recover your site load.
- On Crawl: Through this website, you will get an overview of the performance of page speed. You will also gain insights on the pages which need to be optimized.
- Web page test: This page testing tool performs a free test to check the page speed. Moreover, it provides charts related to page speed optimization.
- YSlow: This tool swiftly shows you your website performance plus presents you ways to fix your site speed.
How to Optimize Site Speed?
These are some ways to optimize site speed:
Empower Grip Compression
- Diminish the size of a web page by up to 70%
- Enhance page speed.
- The money-saving advantage proportion is high.
- New-line character
- White space characters
- Block delimiters
The Decline in the Number of Redirects
At whatever point you divert a page to another page, the client invests extra energy, trusting that the primary page will load. It is so because it requires some investment for the HTTP demand reaction cycle to finish.
It is clearly understood what all factors are involved in the page speed and how page speed affects SEO. Page speed is an immediate positioning component, a reality known shockingly better since Google’s Algorithm Speed Update. Be that as it may, speed can likewise influence rankings by implication, by expanding the ricochet rate and diminishing abide time.