What is Telephony System?
A telephony system is a new technology that is associated with the transmission of fax, voice, and other information between parties located at far distances. It uses the internet in place of traditional telephone infrastructure for communication (exchange of spoken or other telephonic information).
The telephony system is growing massively popular among businesses as it enables users to make long-distance calls via the internet at local-phone connection rates. It is also known as the IP phone system or internet telephony. The difference of it from the circuit switched telephony that is used by conventional PSTNs (Public Switched Telephone Network) is it uses packet switched VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) to seamlessly transmit telephone calls via the internet.
VoIP telephony systems basically consist of private branch exchange or an IP PBX that connects to a VoIP service provider via LAN. Using this technology, voice information travels in numerous individual network packets across the internet. It employs various encoding schemes and compression technology to lower the size of the voice packets so that information can be transmitted easily and efficiently.
To put it simply, IP telephony systems is a term used for technologies that adopt packet switched connections of the IP (internet protocol). Its purpose is to exchange different forms of information like fax and voice.
Advantages of Telephony Systems
IP telephony systems provide innovative, advanced, and tailored solutions for communication purposes. Here are some of the many benefits you can get and enjoy with IP telephony systems:
- Multisite connectivity through your data network.
- Sophisticated and innovative calling features.
- Web conferencing integration.
- Significant communication cost reduction.
- Web-conferencing integration.
- Improved communication across the enterprise including partners and customers, thus leading to enhanced productivity and performance.
- Allows staff members to perform their tasks more efficiently and effectively as employees at different locations/sites can effectively interact and communicate with each other.
- Since voice and video communication is made simple, quick, easy, and cost-effective, it helps businesses lower business travel expenses as there is no need for them to be physically present in one location.
- Enables information to be spread out immediately so everyone becomes aware of the new policies, practices, and targets of the organization, leading in conformity and unity to achieve the specific organizational goals.
- Enhanced operational business efficiencies.
- Bringing together both remote and mobile employees.
- Effective, fast, and smart management of voicemails, email messages, and faxes.
- IP telephony systems also aid in future business expandability and growth.
For further information or service assistance, get in touch with us today! We have a team of friendly and knowledgeable consultants who are glad to assist you round the clock. Contact our representative to discuss your needs and we will guide you on how and why you should implement the telephony system in your networking system.