Use Google Trends for SEO
Google Trends is a free tool that allows you to know how popular your keywords are over time and across different regions. Using Google Trends for SEO enables you to know whether your keywords are helping to generate more traffic and if they will result in more conversions and more income. Since Google is the most popularly used search engine used, the insights offered by Google Trends are very reliable and useful. It will enable you to get into the minds of the searchers and understand their needs perfectly.
While preparing content for your site, Google Trends helps you to collect relevant keywords that have attracted the attention of the public. There are several ways how you can leverage Google Trends for optimizing your website.
Know the Google Trends for SEO
Here is a list of the top five ways in which you can use Google Trends for SEO:
- You can select the right keywords: This is one of the best ways to use Google Trends for SEO. It makes the process of searching keywords for your content easy for you. It helps to zero in on those queries that are most used and by using a dropdown menu, also displays the results category wise like regions, industries, and time. This helps you to know the latest trends for a specific segment, such as a particular region or time period. It will help you to understand the deepest intent of the user correctly and interpret the keyword properly.
- It enables location-specific research: Using Google Trends for SEO helps you to not only search the level of interest for your keywords in countries but also enables you to dig further into sub-regions, cities, towns, etc. By using the location filter, you can get to know the trends in a specific region. This will help you to gauge the level of interest in the cities or regions you have targeted, which in turn improve your strategies accordingly. This enables you to understand where your keywords are most successful and increase your online marketing for those areas.
- Find related subjects and keywords: One of the benefits you get by using Google Trends for SEO is that you also collect related topics and keywords that match with your queries. That way, you understand which keywords are upcoming and which of them have attracted the visitors. It will help you to plan your content for popular topics ahead of your competitors.
- Make predictions: You can profitably utilize Google Trends for SEO by using the insights provided to predict upcoming trends. It will enable you to implement strategies to stay ahead of the competition. It will also help to understand why there are changes to the level of traffic visiting your site. It informs you which keywords may no longer appeal to the audience in the future and which ones will generate traffic consistently.
- Prepare content as per seasons: With Google Trends, you can use a digital filter (also known as time filter) to know which content works in specific seasons and which do not. These results will help you to prepare content that is specially meant for particular periods, such as certain weather conditions like winter, holiday periods, etc. You can optimize your content and get it ready for the periods when the interest levels are the highest.
Using Google Trends for SEO will help you to focus your attention and target those specific regions or people showing the maximum interest levels for your content. It will give a boost to your SEO practices and provide the confidence to use keywords and content that will enhance your sales and profits and take your business to greater heights. If you’re interested in applying Google Trends and Analytics to your website, just contact our Singapore SEO experts and they will provide you with top-quality service.