Knowing More About Black Hat SEO
Search Engine Optimization is a group of strategies that can be implemented to enhance the Google ranking. It is also essential that every website must use the right kind of SEO techniques rather than using shortcuts to rank your content.
Black hat SEO is an unethical practice against search engine guidelines, which is used to get site ranking in search results. There are a few immoral steps to get your website ranked on Google, but it is not the right way to do it. Thus, many times the website owner ends up paying a one-off penalty to the search engine. Black hat techniques include keyword stuffing, over-optimizing the outwards link, clocking, and using private link networks.
Such strategies are dangerous and will hurt your Google ranking in the long term. For some time, such black hat SEO tricks can bring you some visibility and audience, but it rests assured that you will have to pay the penalty sooner or later.
This term of black hat SEO is depicted from the western movies where the negative characters are always seen wearing black hats. The heroes of this film would wear white hats, which means the SEO strategies used are ethical and comply with the guidelines of Google or any other search engine.
How Does Black Hat SEO Impact Your Website Ranking on Google?
Black hat SEO is always tempting, result-producing on a short term basis; however, it does leave a negative impression on the users. It can bring down the site’s traffic and also the conversion and engagement rate.
Through such tactics, the black hat SEO tricks the readers that they are visiting a source of information that is of top-notch. With such tricks, you are never able to provide the content that is valuable to the readers, and this can leave a negative impression on your users.
In the worst scenario, such black hat SEO tactics can get you blacklisted by Google when they catch you doing it. This means you could be either penalized or get banned.
Below is a List of Some Black Hat SEO That You Should Stop Immediately
You may want to prevent implementing such nasty techniques, but you are just not able to! Be aware that Google doesn’t accept ignorance as an excuse. So, go through these five black hat SEO techniques which can be troublesome:
1. Keyword Stuffing: Writing short, thin content was the way to get you ranked in Google. But today, keyword stuffing is a no-no. We don’t say don’t use keywords but use them optimally in such a way that your content is doing an excellent job at providing rich and informative content to the readers.
2. Guest Blogging for Building your Links: Guest blogging is one of the best ways to build your brand, but if done, it quickly without providing the rich content to the readers. However, if you are guest blogging only for the sake of building the link, then it can be troublesome for you.
3. Over Optimizing the Internal Links: The website owners need to make their content appear natural and real, which makes sense to the readers. However, the website owners focus on the keywords and over-optimize the internal links rather than spreading link equity, thus losing their visitors.
4. Exchanging Links: Google loves natural links that connect to the content and also the reader. However, many times the website owners reciprocate link at the same time, and this doesn’t go well with the search engine. Be authentic with your content so that you can build natural links.
5. Link Scheme: To get content and review by sending free products to influencers or bloggers is considered as a way of manipulating Page Rank of Google. Many times, the publishers always look forward to monetizing the website by adding a relevant text link to the content and also by buying ad space.
These black hat SEO techniques can give you results in a short time, but these shortcuts are unethical and can disappoint the users. Hence we recommended that you follow the SEO practices or hire SEO specialists, which will boost your Google rank.