Responsive Design: Why You Need a Mobile-Friendly Website
Mobile phones are everywhere you look. When is the last time you remember not seeing a person glued to their mobile phone or tablet screens? None? That’s because just about everyone these days owns at least one smart device, the most common being mobile phones. And because they are so handy, easy and portable, mobile phone usage has skyrocketed over the past couple of years, overtaking desktop or laptop internet usage by a significant amount.
With the growing population all over the globe, mobile phone usage is projected to increase more than ever moving forward. With this increase comes a rise in the importance for companies to make their websites mobile friendly because more and more searches today are conducted over mobile devices more than anything else. What does this mean for businesses? Simple – if you aren’t mobile friendly, you’re going to find yourself on the losing end fairly quickly.
Top 5 Reasons to Go Mobile Friendly (If You Aren’t Already)
Why should your business go mobile friendly?
- Because It’s Expected – Let’s face it, consumers can be a demanding bunch, and they expected the company to already know what they want even before they know what they want.
- Because Google May Penalized You If You Don’t – Yes, it’s true. If a particular website is not mobile friendly, Google will detect this and the result may be a lower likelihood of your website being displayed as a legitimate search results. If you’re not already going mobile friendly, get going because it may help to boost your organic search results in the long run.
- Because Your Business Will Decline – Users are going to get turned off if a website is too complicate, messy or tricky to navigate, and this will happen if your website is not mobile friendly. When they are put off, they turn off from your website and just like that, you’ve lost a good chance at some potential sales.
OK, So I Need to Make My Website Mobile Friendly. How Do I Do That?
The answer is through responsive web design. Responsive web design will enable a website to operate seamlessly and adjust on any type of screen, such as a desktop, mobile phone and even a tablet. It is easy and will create a much better mobile experience for the consumer without the need to do any of those pinching, zooming or scrolling moves to complicate matters.
By incorporating responsive web design into your site, the benefits you stand to gain include:
- Better SEO Rankings – Because search engines like Google tend to favor responsive websites.
- Better Sales Generation – Because mobile friendly websites will lead to more purchases since consumers are spending more and more time on mobile platforms these days.
- Better Cost Savings – Because responsive web design can eliminate any additional time and money that is spent on managing a website and a mobile site separately.
What consumers are looking for is to have a seamless, easy and effortless experience when they visit your website. And if your company can provide all of that, you’re already on your way to creating a great brand impression and reinforcing that positive image in the mind of your consumers.